Commercial Landscape Design
Experienced, Affordable Commercial Landscape Architecture
We have successfully implemented numerous commercial landscape design projects, locally and nationally over the last fifteen years.
We are available for meetings throughout Northern Virginia and the DC region.
Professional Commercial Landscape Design
We are committed to working successfully with others. Our rural location and limited overhead offers you very competitive rates unfound in metropolitan areas such as Northern Virginia.
Our clients include both the private and public sectors:
- Federal and local government
- Public agencies such as park, school and hospital boards
- Private development corporations
- Architectural and engineering design professionals
- Environmental consultants
- Private citizens.
Although we handle relatively large commercial landscape design projects, we are well suited to solve those small, problematic items that other firms will bypass.
For example, planting plans or small outdoor spaces that need to be included in a project or incorporated into a building’s site plan.
Commercial Landscaping Design Services
Our services for your project:
- Community Planning-Subdivision Layout
- Community Amenities-Identity
- Circulation Systems/Bike Paths Entry Features
- Streetscape Design
- Public-Private Parks
- Recreation Centers
- Recreational Amenities
- Industrial-Commercial Centers
- Retail Centers-Shopping Malls
- College Campuses
- Healthcare Campuses
- School Sites
- Medical Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Churches and related amenities
- Pools and Surrounds-outdoor rooms
- Outdoor Kitchens and Fireplaces
- Planting Design
- Irrigation (with others)
- Grading and E+S Plans
- Storm Water Management Plans
- Conservation Plans
- Peer Reviews
Subdivisions & Master Plans
Thank you for the superb job you did in designing and installing the Entrance to our Tuscan Ridge Community. It looks terrific and really sets a "World Class Tone." It meant a lot to me when we had problems with the setting of the landscaping boulders and you drove up and directed the crew where to place them allowing us to meet our deadline.
Your efforts enabled us to have a successful grand opening in a down market. We wrote eight deals over the weekend for over 1 million dollars. I would gladly use your services again on any future jobs.
Joe envisions what others cannot imagine; his designs delightfully transform outdoor spaces into hubs of many happy returns. In addition to his extraordinary professional talent, he is a ‘salt of the earth’ kind of guy I would highly recommend.
Alpha Corporation is a national civil and structural engineering firm that works throughout the United States and beyond for both Government and Private Clients. At times our work is demanding, having to meet strict design criteria and done according to a tight time table. We take pride in having a reputation for meeting such commitments and believe our growth is based on that.
I first utilized Joe Duggan in 2010 when the need for a Landscape Architect was required for such a project. Not having worked with Landscape Architects before-I was a bit apprehensive, but pleasantly surprised with Joe’s skill, professionalism and more important his ability to work as part of our team.
Joe has since worked with Alpha Corporation on a number of projects including work including a Roof Garden Design for Nimitz Library at the Annapolis Naval Academy and Numerous projects for the US Veterans Administration throughout the United States to name just a few.
His grass roots design/build experience has been a huge asset- he knows more than simple design theory and knows what it takes for a project to be built. He has a real knack for keeping things in line regarding complexity and budget issues.
Joe is well liked, and more importantly respected by our staff-in short he knows his field and is professional in getting things done. He is also not hesitant to go the extra mile, traveling on short notice or working late through the night or weekend. He makes our collaboration easy, working with all involved as needed in an easy going manner. In short he gets it done, making our projects that much better for having used him.
I would also note that J Duggan Associates PC’s low overhead due to office location and staff size makes them attractive to a firm like Alpha. I believe we have always done well financially when using Joe’s services.
I look forward to continued collaboration with Joe and would not hesitate to recommend him to other professionals needing a Landscape Architect.
I have been involved over the past few years with J Duggan Associates providing the installation of Pools he has designed as part of overall Master plans. I find his designs creative-yet feasible, and more important-responsible. Joe seems to understand that a successful project is not about him, but the client. His understanding of the construction process is a big asset-he knows what can be done, what costs are involved and to be short, what is the highest and best use of the clients resources (finances). Joe also knows he doesn’t know it all and is quick to listen when I have a concern or ask questions when he needs to.
Don’t misunderstand me-Joe knows his ‘stuff’ having been in the business as long as I have -30 years or more- he also knows however he can’t necessarily be an expert in everything –experience has probably taught him that ! The projects Joe designs and I help to implement can be are complex, no one person is going to have all the best answers-teamwork is the answer and Joe knows this better than most. If you are looking for a Landscape Architect that has pretty much seen and done it all I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Joe. His down to earth demeanour is also a pleasure-no high and mighty type here! I look forward to working with Joe in the future and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a Landscape Architect.
We are extremely pleased with the services provided by Joe Duggan! We were still in the construction process of our new home, which was built on a large, challenging site. The builder personally recommended Joe, and he was engaged in the process early on.
We were able to convey our personal desires for the hardscape and surrounding landscape to Joe, who responded with conceptual designs with options to ultimately bring the final design into fruition. It was our desire to bring the site of our home “back to nature” by utilizing native plantings – over 160 varieties. We could not be more pleased with the outcome and thoroughly enjoy watching our property mature to a natural landscape through each season.
I would not hesitate to recommend Joe’s services to anyone seeking a professional, complete landscape design.
Explore Our Commercial Landscape Design Project Galleries
Commercial / Government Plans
Parks / Aquatic Center Plans
Selection of Commercial Landscape Design Projects
Dominion Power Warren County Power Station; Warren County VA
It would generate 1,329 megawatts of electricity, or enough energy to power approximately 325,000 homes. Commercial operation is scheduled for late 2014 or early 2015. Estimated cost of construction- Two Billion Dollars.
J. Duggan was Landscape Architect responsible for development of overall Planting/Landscape Plan. Plan developed had to fit over complex underground utility layout including 8 inch natural gas line while meeting all relevant local codes.
Master Landscape Plan- Old Woodstock High School; Woodstock VA. for Shenandoah Agency on Aging
Designed for sustainability and LEED certification, the project includes a rain garden and extensive native plantings. Designed to be a user friendly campus, elements included overlooks that encompass the view of the rain gardens and the town of Woodstock along with a courtyard adjacent to the entry.
All walkways were design to allow full access for older clientele-grades etc were carefully monitored.
Rt. 522 Corridor Landscape Improvement Plan: Warren County VA. for Warren County Government
Planting plan called for Trees, shrubs, perennials and wildflower plantings throughout the VDOT Right of Way throughout the corridor.
Work included all design from concept through constructions documentation, including obtaining approval for plantings in VDOT Right of Way(s), layout and supervision of installation along with creation of a Design Standards Manuel for use in the corridor by private parties.
Selected List of Commercial Projects
- Apple Federal Credit Union – Winchester, VA.
- Dominion Power Plant – Warren County, VA.
- Ford Distribution Center – Winchester, VA.
- Inn at Charlestown Raceway – Charlestown, WV.
- Magnolia Garden Apartments – Arlington, VA.
- North River Square Shopping Center – Warren County, VA.
- Rivendell Club – Front Royal, VA.
- Sysco Distribution Center – Warren County, VA.
- Toray Rt.522 Project – Warren County, VA.
- Wachovia Bank – Winchester, VA.
- Winchester Gateway Shopping Center – Winchester, VA.
- RT 522 Corridor Landscape Planting Master Plan – Warren County, VA.
- Wal-Mart – Dahlgreen. VA.
- Riverton Commons Marriott
- Goodstone Inn-Middleburg VA.
- Front Royal Brewing Company-Front Royal, VA.
Community Planning-Design Projects
- Berry Ville Glen Community – Berryville, VA.
- Birdhaven Community – Basye, VA.
- Cedar Meadows Community and Park – Winchester, VA.
- Confluence Planned Residential/Retail Community – Winchester, VA.
- Norborne Glebe Community – Charlestown, WV.
- Potomac Crossing Park – Leesburg, VA.
- Somerset Park – Leesburg, VA.
- Southern Hills Community – Stephens City, VA.
- Swan Farms Community Master Plan – Front Royal, VA.
- Tuscan Ridge Recreation Community – Canaan Valley, WV.
- West Wynd Community – Stephens City, VA.
- Willow Run Community – Winchester, VA.
Government –Institutional Projects
- Christendom College Master Plan – Front Royal VA.
- LDS Church – Leesburg, VA.
- LDS Church – Winchester, VA.
- St. John’s Catholic Church – Front Royal, VA.
- Samuels Library Master Plan – Front Royal VA.
- Gazebo Park concept plan -Town of Front Royal, VA.
- Annapolis Naval Academy – Annapolis, MD.
- Fort Detrick Recreation Center – Frederick MD.
- Mt. Weather Emergency Operations Center – Paris VA.
- US Veterans Affairs-Caribbean Healthcare System – San Juan PR.
- USVA National Cemetery Assoc.-Cemetery – Bourne MA.
- USVA National Cemetery Assoc.-Cemetery – Tallahassee FL.
- US Veterans Affairs- Mental Health Facility – Marion, IL.
- US Veterans Affairs–Biloxi Medical Center – Biloxi MS.
- US Veterans Affairs-Huntsville Clinic – Huntsville AL.
- US Veterans Affairs-Long Beach Mental Health – Long Beach CA.
- US Veterans Affairs-Palo Alto Med Center – Palo Alto CA.
- US Veterans Affairs-Seattle Mental Health – Seattle WA.
- USGS Headquarters – Reston VA.
IRS Data Center – West VA.
Selection of Commercial Landscape Design Clients
This is a non-inclusive selection of our past clients.
- Arcadia Building Company
- Bozzutto Homes
- Centex Homes
- Front Royal Limited Partnership
- Aikens Group/H+W Construction
- Heptad LLC
- Mike Garcia Construction
- Mountaineer Homes
- Nicholls Construction
- North American Land Corporation
- Petrine Corporation
- Ramsey Development
- Realty Development Services
- Toll Brothers
- Alpha Corporation
- Blue Ridge Designs-Structural Engineers
- Burns-McDonnell Corporation
- Design Concepts-Architects
- Clint Good-Architect
- Ernest Brand Associates
- Greenway Engineering
- Lawson/Silek- Attorneys
- Peck & Peck Architecture
- Racey Engineering
- Stanmyre & Noel PC
- The Engineering Group
- Prince George’s County-Md.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Institute of Health
- US Naval Facilities Command
- US Veterans Administration
- Town of Front Royal, VA
- Warren County Government
- Winchester City Parking Authority
- United States Geological Survey
- Christendom College
- Loving Arms Retirement Community
- Dominic’s Monastery
- John the Baptist Catholic Church
- Samuels Public Library
- Shenandoah Agency on Aging
- Shenandoah Valley Museum
- Westminster Canterbury Retirement Community
- Goodstone Inn-Middleburg VA
- Vibe Properties
Front Royal Brewing Co.
- Blue Ridge Landscapes
- Cornerstone Construction
- Cornerstone Landscapes
- De Haven Nursery
- Elite pools
- Jim Walsh Construction (Pools)
- Lewis Aquatech Pools
- New Look Kitchen and Bath
- Prosperity Landscapes
- Greatcapes Landscaping
Commercial Landscape Design Resources
Even though the scope and size of a project might change, there are elements that remain the same when it comes to pricing.read more
When landscaping, a professional landscape architect must look at a wide variety of elements within the site to determine the best outcome. Here are the top 10 mistakes to avoid.read more
Landscape architects design neighborhoods, towns and cities while also protecting and managing the natural environment. Learn more from J. Duggan & Associates!read more