Commercial Landscape Design
Experienced, Affordable Commercial Landscape Architecture
We have successfully implemented numerous commercial landscape design projects, locally and nationally over the last fifteen years.
We are available for meetings throughout Northern Virginia and the DC region.
Professional Commercial Landscape Design
We are committed to working successfully with others. Our rural location and limited overhead offers you very competitive rates unfound in metropolitan areas such as Northern Virginia.
Our clients include both the private and public sectors:
- Federal and local government
- Public agencies such as park, school and hospital boards
- Private development corporations
- Architectural and engineering design professionals
- Environmental consultants
- Private citizens.
Although we handle relatively large commercial landscape design projects, we are well suited to solve those small, problematic items that other firms will bypass.
For example, planting plans or small outdoor spaces that need to be included in a project or incorporated into a building’s site plan.
Commercial Landscaping Design Services
Our services for your project:
- Community Planning-Subdivision Layout
- Community Amenities-Identity
- Circulation Systems/Bike Paths Entry Features
- Streetscape Design
- Public-Private Parks
- Recreation Centers
- Recreational Amenities
- Industrial-Commercial Centers
- Retail Centers-Shopping Malls
- College Campuses
- Healthcare Campuses
- School Sites
- Medical Centers
- Nursing Homes
- Churches and related amenities
- Pools and Surrounds-outdoor rooms
- Outdoor Kitchens and Fireplaces
- Planting Design
- Irrigation (with others)
- Grading and E+S Plans
- Storm Water Management Plans
- Conservation Plans
- Peer Reviews
Subdivisions & Master Plans
Explore Our Commercial Landscape Design Project Galleries
Commercial / Government Plans
Parks / Aquatic Center Plans
Selection of Commercial Landscape Design Projects
Dominion Power Warren County Power Station; Warren County VA
It would generate 1,329 megawatts of electricity, or enough energy to power approximately 325,000 homes. Commercial operation is scheduled for late 2014 or early 2015. Estimated cost of construction- Two Billion Dollars.
J. Duggan was Landscape Architect responsible for development of overall Planting/Landscape Plan. Plan developed had to fit over complex underground utility layout including 8 inch natural gas line while meeting all relevant local codes.
Master Landscape Plan- Old Woodstock High School; Woodstock VA. for Shenandoah Agency on Aging
Designed for sustainability and LEED certification, the project includes a rain garden and extensive native plantings. Designed to be a user friendly campus, elements included overlooks that encompass the view of the rain gardens and the town of Woodstock along with a courtyard adjacent to the entry.
All walkways were design to allow full access for older clientele-grades etc were carefully monitored.
Rt. 522 Corridor Landscape Improvement Plan: Warren County VA. for Warren County Government
Planting plan called for Trees, shrubs, perennials and wildflower plantings throughout the VDOT Right of Way throughout the corridor.
Work included all design from concept through constructions documentation, including obtaining approval for plantings in VDOT Right of Way(s), layout and supervision of installation along with creation of a Design Standards Manuel for use in the corridor by private parties.
Selected List of Commercial Projects
- Apple Federal Credit Union – Winchester, VA.
- Dominion Power Plant – Warren County, VA.
- Ford Distribution Center – Winchester, VA.
- Inn at Charlestown Raceway – Charlestown, WV.
- Magnolia Garden Apartments – Arlington, VA.
- North River Square Shopping Center – Warren County, VA.
- Rivendell Club – Front Royal, VA.
- Sysco Distribution Center – Warren County, VA.
- Toray Rt.522 Project – Warren County, VA.
- Wachovia Bank – Winchester, VA.
- Winchester Gateway Shopping Center – Winchester, VA.
- RT 522 Corridor Landscape Planting Master Plan – Warren County, VA.
- Wal-Mart – Dahlgreen. VA.
- Riverton Commons Marriott
- Goodstone Inn-Middleburg VA.
- Front Royal Brewing Company-Front Royal, VA.
Community Planning-Design Projects
- Berry Ville Glen Community – Berryville, VA.
- Birdhaven Community – Basye, VA.
- Cedar Meadows Community and Park – Winchester, VA.
- Confluence Planned Residential/Retail Community – Winchester, VA.
- Norborne Glebe Community – Charlestown, WV.
- Potomac Crossing Park – Leesburg, VA.
- Somerset Park – Leesburg, VA.
- Southern Hills Community – Stephens City, VA.
- Swan Farms Community Master Plan – Front Royal, VA.
- Tuscan Ridge Recreation Community – Canaan Valley, WV.
- West Wynd Community – Stephens City, VA.
- Willow Run Community – Winchester, VA.
Government –Institutional Projects
- Christendom College Master Plan – Front Royal VA.
- LDS Church – Leesburg, VA.
- LDS Church – Winchester, VA.
- St. John’s Catholic Church – Front Royal, VA.
- Samuels Library Master Plan – Front Royal VA.
- Gazebo Park concept plan -Town of Front Royal, VA.
- Annapolis Naval Academy – Annapolis, MD.
- Fort Detrick Recreation Center – Frederick MD.
- Mt. Weather Emergency Operations Center – Paris VA.
- US Veterans Affairs-Caribbean Healthcare System – San Juan PR.
- USVA National Cemetery Assoc.-Cemetery – Bourne MA.
- USVA National Cemetery Assoc.-Cemetery – Tallahassee FL.
- US Veterans Affairs- Mental Health Facility – Marion, IL.
- US Veterans Affairs–Biloxi Medical Center – Biloxi MS.
- US Veterans Affairs-Huntsville Clinic – Huntsville AL.
- US Veterans Affairs-Long Beach Mental Health – Long Beach CA.
- US Veterans Affairs-Palo Alto Med Center – Palo Alto CA.
- US Veterans Affairs-Seattle Mental Health – Seattle WA.
- USGS Headquarters – Reston VA.
IRS Data Center – West VA.
Selection of Commercial Landscape Design Clients
This is a non-inclusive selection of our past clients.
- Arcadia Building Company
- Bozzutto Homes
- Centex Homes
- Front Royal Limited Partnership
- Aikens Group/H+W Construction
- Heptad LLC
- Mike Garcia Construction
- Mountaineer Homes
- Nicholls Construction
- North American Land Corporation
- Petrine Corporation
- Ramsey Development
- Realty Development Services
- Toll Brothers
- Alpha Corporation
- Blue Ridge Designs-Structural Engineers
- Burns-McDonnell Corporation
- Design Concepts-Architects
- Clint Good-Architect
- Ernest Brand Associates
- Greenway Engineering
- Lawson/Silek- Attorneys
- Peck & Peck Architecture
- Racey Engineering
- Stanmyre & Noel PC
- The Engineering Group
- Prince George’s County-Md.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Institute of Health
- US Naval Facilities Command
- US Veterans Administration
- Town of Front Royal, VA
- Warren County Government
- Winchester City Parking Authority
- United States Geological Survey
- Christendom College
- Loving Arms Retirement Community
- Dominic’s Monastery
- John the Baptist Catholic Church
- Samuels Public Library
- Shenandoah Agency on Aging
- Shenandoah Valley Museum
- Westminster Canterbury Retirement Community
- Goodstone Inn-Middleburg VA
- Vibe Properties
Front Royal Brewing Co.
- Blue Ridge Landscapes
- Cornerstone Construction
- Cornerstone Landscapes
- De Haven Nursery
- Elite pools
- Jim Walsh Construction (Pools)
- Lewis Aquatech Pools
- New Look Kitchen and Bath
- Prosperity Landscapes
- Greatcapes Landscaping
Commercial Landscape Design Resources
J Duggan & Associates Named Into Top 5% of Landscape Designers in Virginia
J Duggan & Associates was named one of Virginia’s top landscape designers in the Top of the Trades 2019 selections by Virginia Living magazine, ranking the company in the Top 5% statewide. “We are absolutely thrilled and honored to be included among Virginia’s...
What Drives the Cost of a Landscape Job?
Even though the scope and size of a project might change, there are elements that remain the same when it comes to pricing.
Top 10 Mistakes in Outdoor Landscaping
When landscaping, a professional landscape architect must look at a wide variety of elements within the site to determine the best outcome. Here are the top 10 mistakes to avoid.